Who is a brand advocate?
A brand advocate is a person that influences other people’s opinions about your business. There are many types of people that can be a part of your advocacy campaign.
- Customer advocacy
- Employee advocacy
- Influencer advocacy
The most common advocacy examples include online reviews, blog posts, and other user-generated content. In other words, they use word-of-mouth marketing techniques to not only help you drive sales but also build a loyal customer base.
You can spot brand advocates on many different platforms. Most often you can consider positive reviewers on social media, review sites, blogs, etc. your brand advocates. They spread brand awareness in their social circles through word-of-mouth marketing as well as in their follower base.
And we all know that people are more likely to buy from businesses their friends, family, or someone they look up to and trust.
Benefits of brand advocacy
Brand advocacy has been around for a very long time. And for a good reason. It comes with many benefits that can help your brand succeed.
- Business growth – Online consumers are more likely to convert if people they trust encourage them to. We all know that before making a purchase, we like to read through some reviews to make sure we are making the right purchasing decisions. If brand advocates share their personal recommendations other potential customers are more likely to do business with you and, therefore, increase your conversion rates.
- Improved branding – Spreading brand awareness is an important part of branding. So why not have some help from real people that genuinely enjoy your products and services? Online reviews, testimonials, blogs, social posts, and so on are valuable assets you should include in your branding tactics.
- Builds loyal customer base – Customers who trust your company are more likely to keep coming back. They may even feel encouraged to become brand advocates themselves.
- Reaching a wider audience – Through social networks, your advocates can reach larger audiences that would otherwise maybe never stumble upon your company.
- Lower customer acquisition costs – Having brand advocates who are more than happy to share their positive experiences can save you a lot of money. They can influence potential customers to make a purchase without you spending a dime on a marketing campaign.
- Creates community – When customers align with your brand and the company culture, share their customer experiences, and openly talk about it in their social circles and in online discussions, they help build a strong community with long-term relationships centered around your brand and brand identity.
- Builds decentralized sales teams – Brand advocates can act as tiny sales teams recommending and pushing your products and services.
Need better communication options?
LiveAgent can help you streamline all of your communication with customers and brand advocates alike. Start your free 14-day trial and begin today!
Frequently asked questions
Who is a brand advocate?
A brand advocate is a person who promotes your brand through word-of-mouth marketing and other advocacy efforts. Brand supporters share positive reviews about the service or product offered by your company. An advocacy program should be an important part of your marketing strategy.
What role do brand advocates have?
They share their customer experiences and write reviews about your service or product and spread the word about your brand. Potential new customers can read their recommendations before interacting with your brand.
What is the best way to get brand advocates?
If your company wants to get brand advocates, you should watch out for user communication channels. Perhaps many of them are already generating content. Make rewarding advocates a part of your advocacy program. You can send them personalized messages, small presents, offer them discounts, or even a cash bonus. The important thing is that they feel recognized and valued for their advocacy.