What is a customer satisfaction survey?
Survey is an examination of opinions, behavior made by asking people questions.
Surveys are filled out by customers after their experience with the support staff. Also known as customer satisfaction surveys. These surveys question the customer about how they were treated by customer representatives.
Not all customers fill the form. Some people see it as a waste of time and not worth it so they skip filling it. Yet, it is valuable information for the company.
All agents try their best to make sure that the customer has a good experience. Sometimes, the customer is so frustrated with the product that he/she may fill in the survey form incorrectly. This is due to the misinterpretation of the customer.
What should a customer satisfaction survey include?
Before you start creating your survey, it is important to determine:
- The tool you’re going to use
- Who are you trying to target with the survey (could be a specific segment of your customers)
- Targets your company will use to evaluate the success of the survey
How to determine targets for the customer satisfaction survey?
Choosing SMART targets before you create your satisfaction survey is crucial.
When you are brainstorming possible targets, make sure they are:
- S – specific
- M – measurable
- A – achievable
- R – relevant
- T – time-bound
After that, you can start creating questions suitable for your brand.
Types of questions:
- Multiple choice
- Rating type of questions
- Scale questions
It is important to carefully evaluate which ones are suitable for your targets. In order, to have a useful survey, you need to make the respondents’ experience easy. Thus, use multiple choice or closed questions to have accurate answers. If unsure give the option for the open answer. But do not overdo it unless you want to lose respondents.
Finally, create your customer satisfaction survey with this simple structure:
1. The first part should be about the respondent’s/customers’ usage of your product or service.
2. The next part should be all about the customer. Determine the important demographics of the customer such as age, location. This helps you determine your target audience too.
3. Use Rating type of questions or Scale questions.
4. Give the respondent an option to express their opinions with open questions.
5. Towards the end, summarize the survey and let the respondent know what will happen with their answers.
How can customer service software help your customer service satisfaction ratings?
LiveAgent is customer service software, which was created to make your customer representatives work effectively and efficiently. It also offers an integration called Nicereply. Through this integration, you’re able to effectively collect customers’ feedback.
Read more about LiveAgent Feedback Integrations here.
Benefits of using LiveAgent – to increase customer satisfaction:
- Improved response time
- Live Chat – address your customer’s issues immediately
- Increased productivity in your departments
- CRM system
- Email, Social Media, Calls and Chat inquiries from one interface
Try out LiveAgent for FREE
Handle all customer inquiries from one interface. Start improving your customer service with a 14-day free trial right away!
Frequently asked questions
What is a Customer satisfaction survey?
Customer Satisfaction Surveys are surveys completed by customers after their experiences with support staff. The questions in such a survey usually concern how customers were served by agents. Such a survey allows you to gain valuable feedback on customer service.
What are the elements of Customer satisfaction surveys?
In customer satisfaction surveys, questions should be asked that will reveal a broad picture of customer service. Typically, these are questions like: What is your overall satisfaction level? What is the likelihood of buying a product from a particular company again? What is the probability that you will recommend the services to your friends?
How to conduct a Customer satisfaction survey?
In order to conduct a customer satisfaction survey, you need to define the questions you want to ask him so that the answers are as effective as possible for you. It is also extremely important to choose the channel through which the survey will be conducted. This could be calling customers, emailing customers, sending a card with an answer card and envelope, or an online survey.
- What is Customer Service Reporting? (+Free Trial) | LiveAgent
- Customer Insights (Explained)
- Customer Satisfaction Score (Explained)
- Customer Service Survey (Explained)
- Customer Service Reviews (Explained)
- How To Conduct Customer Survey (+Examples)
- Satisfaction Prediction Scores (Explained)
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions (Free Templates)