What is call masking?
Call masking, also known as number masking is a voice over internet protocol (VoIP) feature that hides the identity during phone calls.
When you use this solution, a temporary phone number is created for either one or both parties. It allows you to use your private phone number or a virtual phone number without the fear of a breached identity privacy. Using the masked phone number you can hide your actual phone number and in the same breath, provide a secure call experience to both your agents and the customers.
Enhanced user privacy is at the forefront of the mind when discussing call masking. You can use this feature in a call center to keep caller identity anonymous and ensure customer privacy.
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits call masking can bring to your business.
- Increased call responsiveness – Many people have a distrust of suspicious caller IDs. With the call masking feature, customers receive incoming calls with local numbers which they are more familiar with. This puts them at ease and increases the chance of them picking up and hearing what your representatives have to say.
- Enhanced customer privacy – Both clients and businesses are justifiably aware of data leaks. Call masking helps keep your private communication secure and protected. This can not only put your and the client’s minds at ease but also ensures adherence to identity privacy policies your company has in place.
- Increased customer engagement – Many customers don’t feel comfortable sharing their personal contact details. By using the masked number feature you can gain customers’ trust so they not only give you their personal phone number but are also likely to further interact with your brand.
- Lower communication costs – It’s way cheaper to use call masking than purchasing local phone numbers or setting up whole new contact centers.
- Better call management – While keeping most of your business numbers private, you can give out your unmasked phone number to certain people. This can help you better manage your calls and make sure that you can be reached only by the individuals you’ve selected.
- Centralized business communication – Call masking ensures that all the secure communication between the business and its customers is handled on one platform.
- Data analysis – Call masking feature offers real-time insights into many aspects of a call center like agent performance, quality of interactions, and customer insights. You can then study this data and optimize your processes to provide the best customer experience.
Would you like to make better calls?
Start your 30-day trial for free and set up your own virtual call center with LiveAgent
Watch a video about call masking
Call masking is a feature of LiveAgent help desk software that allows businesses to protect customers’ sensitive information, such as their phone numbers. By masking the customers’ phone numbers, businesses can secure customer data from malicious actors and ensure that their customer’s information remains safe. Furthermore, LiveAgent also allows automatic call recording, so businesses can keep track of customer interactions and improve their service quality. With LiveAgent, businesses can securely manage customer phone calls while still giving their customers the convenience of a help desk.
- Call masking solutions
- Effective customer communication
- Industries using EnableX Call Masking API
If you're in a service business that requires phone calls to customers such as ride hailing, food delivery or e-commerce, you may be faced with the challenge of customers being reluctant to share their personal numbers. Call masking solutions offer a solution to this problem by allowing two people to connect on a call without revealing their phone numbers to each other. EnableX Call Masking API provides this solution for various industries including food delivery, online marketplaces, ride-hailing, and healthcare.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is masking in call center?
Masking in a call center refers to the practice of concealing or hiding sensitive information, such as personal or financial data, during customer interactions. This is typically done to protect the privacy and security of the customer's information. It can involve techniques such as redacting certain digits of a credit card number, so that only a portion of the information is visible to the call center agent or recorded in call logs.
What are the benefits of phone number masking?
Anonymous communication via call masking offers a wide range of benefits including personal phone number protection during business calls and in messaging services, increased customer responsiveness and engagement, better focus on customer privacy, cost-saving, better call management and overall better protection of individual users.
How to set up call masking?
It depends on the call center software and the phone service provider you are working with. Different business phone providers have different setup procedures. However, in most cases, you should be able to set up and configure it in the standard settings panel. How much you can configure this VoIP feature depends on the call center solution and the VoIP provider you are using.
Who uses call masking?
Call masking is used in many global businesses that have a presence in multiple countries. Other industries that find phone masking valuable are those that work with large volumes of customer data like finance, healthcare professionals, travel, and delivery services, but also contact centers, online marketplaces, and eCommerce platforms.
Call masking is a VoIP feature that hides users' identity during phone calls. It enhances privacy, increases customer responsiveness and engagement, lowers communication costs, and offers real-time insights.
The video discusses marketing trends and strategies, emphasizing social media, influencer collaborations, personalized content, and call tracking's importance in determining customer interactions and streamlining marketing campaigns. It also highlights virtual phone numbers as an affordable call tracking solution for businesses.
Get to know more about call center technology. Understand in-depth with explanations from professionals.
Call center management involves streamlining communication for efficient customer support and sales growth. It includes roles such as managers, supervisors, and agents, each with specific responsibilities. Best practices include evaluating training materials, using CRM software, and implementing automated callbacks to manage customer wait times. Additionally, forecasting analytics and call routing strategies can optimize agent availability and customer satisfaction. Overall, effective call center management requires continuous refinement and investment in high-quality hardware.
Call center monitoring involves collecting and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs) to improve agent and customer behavior. It consists of three phases: collection, analysis, and feedback. The five most important call center KPIs to monitor are first call resolution rate, net promoter score, customer satisfaction rate, call abandonment rate, and cost per call. It's essential to analyze 100% of calls and take action based on the insights gained to enhance the overall performance of the call center and improve customer satisfaction.