What is the helpdesk ticketing system?
It is software for your customer support agents. It helps them to communicate with customers through one interface. Thus, if you are a company operating on many platforms, this would be a perfect solution. Whenever your customer reaches out, you can resolve the issue swiftly in the customer service software such as LiveAgent.
Why should you use the Helpdesk ticketing system?
The most important task of a customer service staff is to create long term and loyal relationships with customers. One way to reach it is to use a Helpdesk ticketing system. It includes all essential components to ensure fast resolutions to customer problems. An administrator of your customer service software can create Rules and SLAs. These would divide the customers to proper departments, set specific times, and more! This helps with automating the processes in your customer service department.
- Competitive advantage
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer service agent’s satisfaction
- Increased sales
- Customer retention
- Customer loyalty
- Increased profit
- Organized data
- Better customer service accessibility
We use LiveAgent to manage chat conversations on our website with the aim of converting initial inquiries into qualified sales leads. ú>
How does the Helpdesk ticketing system work?
A ticketing system receives a service request, which is then automatically transformed into a ticket. The request can be from Live Chat, Email, Call, Social media, or another platform.
After that, the customer representatives manage and resolve the ticket. The agent can see all the customer data in the ticket. Thus being able to help the customer promptly.
What are the key features of an effective Helpdesk ticketing system?
- Knowledge base: Allows you to create content/articles for your customers. Nowadays, customers prefer to find information on the website. Thus, having DIY articles improves your customer service efficiency. These articles can also be for agents, which means that they are not seen by customers.
- Automations; such as SLAs (Service-level agreements). The SLAs are an important key feature to set, in order to effectively respond to your customers. For instance; you can set a specific time for First Answer. If no one answers the ticket within the time frame, it will be transferred to Overdue.
- Tags: This feature allows you to create customized workflow and reports. Moreover, it enables you to utilize it in Rules, Time Rules, and SLAs.
- Agent reports: If you would like to keep a track of your agent’s performance, this key feature will show you all the important metrics. For instance; answered tickets, rewards, calls, open average time, and more. If you would like to know all of the agent report metrics, read Agent Report.
- Internal tickets/notes: This feature is effective for agents. Firstly, it enables your agents to communicate through tickets internally. It solves problems faster and easier. Secondly, you can assign a ticket to another agent. For instance, if you need to refer him to escalations or a different department. Thirdly, this feature can also create a note for yourself. The benefit is that all the internal tickets/notes aren’t visible to customers. This enables smooth and fast communication.
- Universal inbox: It enables you and your agents to view tickets from one interface. Such as from Email, Twitter, Slack, Forum posts, Facebook, LiveChat, Calls, and many more.
Other additional features worth knowing about:
- Multi-channel communication with customers
- Customer data organized in one interface
- Merging conversations/tickets
- Canned and predefined messages
- Mobile helpdesk app to resolve tickets fast from anywhere
- Multilingual ticketing system
- Export tickets to PDF/HTML formats or CSV file
- Email forwarding
To learn more, please visit our Features.
Try out LiveAgent for FREE
Handle all customer inquires from one interface and start improving your customer service with a 14-day free trial right away.
Frequently asked questions
What is the definition of helpdesk ticketing system?
Help desk Ticketing is a system that allows for effective solving of customer problems by automating the process of considering complaints and managing requests. Thanks to this, the company has the opportunity to offer multi-channel assistance to its clients. This makes it much easier for agents who have structured conversations with clients in one place.
What features every helpdesk ticketing system should have?
A good help desk ticketing system should primarily have ticket automation. This allows you to multitask. Another solution is information about the SLA status, which appears when the employee first encounters a specific ticket and wants to assess the priority. Another important thing are the tags that allow you to easily organize your tickets. Another useful feature is the option to configure ticket templates which can further assist you in responding to requests. The function that definitely facilitates operations is the binding of tickets. So we know if the client has contacted before and if he had a similar problem or got a solution.
Does Live Agent offer helpdesk ticketing system?
LiveAgent offers a helpdesk ticketing system. With it, you can have access to e-mails, chats, mentions in social media and other channels in one place. On the other hand, thanks to automation, you have a chance to improve operations, make it easier to prioritize tasks, and analyze the effectiveness of customer service activities.
- The importance of ticketing - LiveAgent
- Open Source Ticketing System (Explained)
- Ticket system (Explained)
- What is a ticketing system? (+Benefits) | LiveAgent
- What is a Ticketing System? [+Checklist] | LiveAgent
- 6 Signs that you need a help desk ticketing system (Updated)
- The Best 20 Help Desk Ticketing Systems in 2022 | LiveAgent
- Ticketing System (Explained)