Every successful businessperson knows that providing excellent customer service is key to your success. A well-written customer service policy can help ensure that all of your customers receive the same high level of service every time. Today we will provide a template for writing a customer service policy document, as well as examples of what yours could look like.
Creating a customer service policy is important for businesses of all sizes. By having a clear and concise policy in place, businesses can ensure that their employees are providing the best possible service to their clients. In turn, this leads to increased sales and customer loyalty.
A well-defined customer service policy can help prevent problems before they occur, saving the business time and money in the long run. It also acts as a training tool for new employees and can make resolving disputes between both customers and staff easier.
You don’t need to get too creative with the title of your customer service policy. A simple, straightforward heading such as “Customer Service Policy” will do. This way, there will be no confusion as to what the policy is about. Companies have many different policies in place, so you want to make sure that your customer service policy is easily distinguishable. Especially in large companies, policies must be easy to find and understand.
You may want to put more focus on the structure of your customer service policy since this will be more helpful to your employees.
These are only a few examples. As we have already mentioned, the title doesn’t need to be too creative. More important than being long is that it is clear and concise.
Writing a customer service policy document is not easy, especially if you’re doing it for the very first time.
Make sure that your policy is clear and concise, while still covering all of the important points.
Start by outlining the main points that you want to cover. This will make it easier to organize your thoughts and put them into writing. Also, this may serve as a table of content for your customer service policy.
Once you have a rough outline, start filling in the details. Include specific instructions on how you expect employees to handle different customer service scenarios.
Including the company’s mission statement or philosophy in your customer service policy will help set the tone for how you want your employees to interact with customers.
Include a section on how it will be enforced. This is important to ensure that all employees are held accountable. It’s not just another document – it’s a way to improve your business.
Don’t worry if your customer service policy seems to be too short. What’s important is that it’s straightforward, easy to navigate, and covers all of the key points. You can always add to it later if necessary.
As with most policies, there is no golden rule here. However, some key elements should be included in all policies. We have listed these below, along with some guidance on what each element should cover.
The above elements are just a guide, and you might want to include other things depending on the specific needs of your business. For example, you may wish to include a section on the use of social media.
Below, you can find some examples of customer service policy documents. These can be used as a starting point when creating your customer support policy from scratch.
Our vision is to [insert company vision here].
Our mission statement is to [insert company mission statement here].
We are committed to providing excellent customer service to our customers. We have a zero-tolerance policy for poor customer service.
This policy applies to all [employees/staff/customers].
We expect all [employees/staff/customers] to [insert expectations here].
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact [insert name and contact details here].
Thank you for your cooperation.
Our vision is to be the leading provider of [insert product or service here].
To achieve our vision, we must exceed the expectations of our customers in everything we do. This requires every member of our team to be committed to providing outstanding customer service at all times.
The following standards have been developed to ensure that we consistently deliver the high level of customer service that our customers expect and deserve:
We will always:
• be polite, professional, and courteous
• be responsive to customer inquiries and requests
• handle customer complaints promptly and effectively
• continuously strive to improve our level of service
We will never:
• keep customers waiting unnecessarily
• fail to follow up on promised actions
• speak negatively about other employees or the company in front of customers
• engage in any form of dishonest or illegal activity
Thank you for adhering to these standards and helping us provide an exceptional level of service to our customers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to speak with your manager.
It is the policy of [company] to provide our customers with the highest level of customer service. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing them with timely, professional, and courteous service.
We will work diligently to resolve any issues or concerns that our customers may have promptly and efficiently. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our customers based on trust, respect, and confidence.
To ensure that we provide the best possible service to our customers, we have developed the following customer service guidelines:
• We will always be professional and courteous when interacting with our customers.
• We will promptly respond to all customer inquiries and requests.
• We will keep our customers informed of any changes or updates that may affect them.
• We will take the time to understand our customers’ needs and expectations.
• We will do everything we can to exceed our customers’ expectations.
If you have any questions or concerns about our customer service policy, please contact us at [email address].
Customer service is important to us, and we want to make sure that we are providing the best possible service. If you have any internal suggestions on how we can improve our customer service, please share them with your supervisors.
As a team, we are committed to providing the best possible customer service. To do this, we have created a Customer Service Playbook that outlines our customer service philosophy and expectations.
The Customer Service Playbook is a living document that will be updated as our team grows and changes. We encourage all team members to review the Customer Service Playbook regularly, and to make suggestions on how we can improve.
We want to:
• get to know our customers
• understand our customers’ needs
• do everything we can to exceed our customers’ expectations
To do so, we have to:
• be professional and courteous when interacting with our customers
• promptly respond to all customer inquiries and requests
• keep our customers informed of any changes or updates that may affect them
Please take some time to review the Customer Service Playbook, and if you have any questions or suggestions then feel free to contact us at [email address].
Thank you for your commitment to providing excellent customer service.
This procedure is to be followed by all employees who have contact with customers.
The goal of this procedure is to:
ensure that our customers receive the best possible service
exceed our customers’ expectations
understand our customers’ needs
build long-term relationships with our customers based on trust, respect, and confidence
With that in mind, we ask that you:
• be polite to our customers and respect their time
• handle customer service inquiries on time
• be patient and attentive when dealing with customers
• use positive language when communicating with customers
• keep confidential information about our customers to yourself
• cooperate with other customer service representatives to ensure that each client receives the best service possible
• resolve conflicts in a professional manner
• adhere to the company policy
• take responsibility for your actions
• use proper grammar and spelling when communicating with customers
• be proactive in offering assistance and solutions to customers
• thank clients for their business
• do everything in your power to resolve any issues
• make sure that every customer’s experience is a positive one from start to finish
We would like to thank you in advance for following our customer service policy and contributing to a positive customer experience.
Intent: This policy has been created to ensure that all employees understand the importance of providing excellent customer service and how they can contribute to a positive customer experience.
Scope: This policy applies to all employees who have contact with customers, including but not limited to customer service representatives, managers, and supervisors.
Policy: It is the policy of [Company Name] to provide the best possible customer service. To do this, we have created this Customer Service Playbook that outlines our customer service philosophy and expectations. The Customer Service Playbook is a living document that will be updated as our team grows and changes. We encourage all team members to review the Customer Service Playbook regularly, and to make suggestions on how we can improve our customer service.
Customer interactions must be:
• respectful of the customer’s time
• responsive to the customer’s inquiries and requests
• informative of any changes or updates that may affect customers
As customer service professionals, we will:
• create a culture of customer first throughout the company by living and breathing our customer service promise
• strive to provide an effortless customer experience by always putting the customer first and making it easy to do business with us
• be proactive in solving problems
• hold each other accountable to live up to our customer service promise
• continuously improve our customer experience by soliciting feedback, measuring results, and making changes based on what we learn
Service Standards Guidelines
• All calls will be answered within [X] rings.
• If we are unable to answer a call, it will be forwarded to voicemail.
• Voicemails will be checked every [X] hours and returned within [Y] minutes.
• In case of high call volumes, customers will be given the option to leave a voicemail or receive a callback.
• All emails will be answered within [X] hours.
• If an email cannot be answered within [X] hours, the customer will receive an automated response notifying them that their email has been received and is being processed.
• We will respond to all Live Chat requests within [X] minutes.
• If we are unable to respond within [X] minutes, the customer will be given the option to leave a message or receive a callback.
• We will greet all customers within [X] seconds of their arrival.
• We will answer all questions professionally and courteously.
• We will provide assistance in a timely and efficient manner.
• We will do everything possible to resolve any issues the customer is having.
• Supervisors are to be notified of any customer service issues that cannot be resolved by customer service representatives.
• In the event that a customer service representative is unable to resolve an issue, they will escalate the issue to their supervisor.
• Customer complaints will be logged and tracked in the [name] system.
• A resolution will be provided to the customer within [X] hours.
Complaint Handling Procedure
There will inevitably be occasions when a customer is dissatisfied with the service they have received. We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible and to the customer’s satisfaction. Our procedure for handling complaints is as follows:
• All customer complaints must be logged by the receiving member of staff in a customer complaints form.
• The customer complaints form must be passed to the customer service manager immediately.
• The customer service manager will acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing within [X] working days, enclosing a copy of this procedure. They will also investigate the complaint and decide on the appropriate course of action.
• Where it is not possible to resolve the complaint within [X] working days, the customer service manager will write to the customer again, enclosing a copy of this procedure and giving an indication of when a full response can be expected.
• The customer service manager will ensure that all complaints are resolved promptly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
• All customer complaints will be reviewed by the customer service manager on a [daily/weekly/monthly] basis.
• Customer complaints will be used to identify any areas where improvements need to be made to our service.
If you have any questions about this procedure, please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Manager. Thank you for your cooperation.
Constant Feedback Culture
Customers are the lifeblood of our company, and we wouldn’t be in business without them. We, therefore, want to maintain a client-focused culture within our company that puts customers first and values their feedback. This means learning from both customer success stories and failures.
• We always welcome feedback from our customers, whether it’s positive or negative. We want to know what we’re doing right and what we’re doing wrong so that we can continue to improve our customer service.
• We conduct customer surveys to obtain feedback from our clients.
• We encourage open communication between customers and customer service reps. We want our customers to feel like they can approach us with any problem or concern they may have.
• We take all feedback seriously and use it to improve our customer service. We want to be the best we can be for our customers, and their feedback is essential in helping us achieve that goal.
Thank you for taking the time to read this Customer Service Playbook, and we hope it will be a helpful resource for you.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks again.
It is our goal to provide the best possible customer service. To do this, we have written the following set of guidelines.
Our customer service representatives are the face of our company. They are the ones who deal with our customers on a daily basis and they are the ones who have to resolve any issues that may arise.
Our customer service reps must provide high-quality customer service at all times. This means being polite, helpful, and efficient. It also means going above and beyond for our customers whenever possible.
We want our customers to have a positive experience when they interact with us, and we want them to be happy with the service they receive. We know that there will be times when things won’t go as planned, but we promise to do everything we can to resolve any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
Our customer service reps must be clear and concise when communicating with our customers. We want to make sure that our customers understand what we are saying, and we want to avoid any miscommunication.
We also want our customer service reps to be patient when communicating with our customers. We know that some issues can be complex, and we want our customers to feel like they have all the time they need to explain their problems.
Our customer service reps are trained to resolve any issue efficiently and effectively. We want our customers to feel like their problem is being taken seriously, and we want them to feel like they are being heard.
We also believe in taking a proactive approach to resolving issues. This means that we will try to prevent any issue from happening in the first place. However, we know that there will be times when an issue cannot be avoided. In these cases, we promise to resolve them as quickly as possible.
We always welcome feedback from our customers. We want to know what we’re doing right and what we’re doing wrong so that we can continue to improve our customer service.
We also believe that feedback should be used to improve the skills of our customer service reps. We want them to be the best they can be, and feedback is essential in helping us achieve that goal.
Thank you for taking the time to read these customer service guidelines. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
[Name] – Customer Service Manager for [Company]
The Customer Service Policy is designed to ensure that all customers receive prompt, professional, and courteous service.
This policy applies to all customer service interactions, including but not limited to phone calls, emails, live chat sessions, and in-person meetings.
• Customer – anyone who contacts our company for any reason
• Customer service representative – any employee who interacts with customers
• Manager – any employee who supervises customer service representatives
• The Company – this organization
• Customer service training manual – a guidebook for teaching customer service representatives about the policy of the company
All customer service representatives will adhere to the following standards when interacting with customers:
• They will learn this policy as part of following the customer service training manual and be expected to abide by it at all times.
• Customer service representatives are expected to be polite and professional when interacting with customers.
• They should also strive to resolve any issue in a timely and effective manner.
• Representatives should use clear, concise language and listen carefully to what the customer has to say.
• Managers will be responsible for ensuring that customer service representatives are following this policy.
• They will also be responsible for investigating any complaints about customer service representatives.
It is our goal to provide the best possible customer service to all of our clients. We want them to be satisfied with their experience at all times, which means providing a high level of consistent service.
We know that there will be times when things won’t go as planned, but we promise to do everything we can to resolve any customer issues in a timely and efficient manner. To do this, we have established the following policy for interacting with customers.
• Phone calls will be answered within [time] minutes.
• All emails will be answered within [time] hours.
• Live chat sessions will be answered within [time] minutes.
• All in-person inquiries will be addressed within [time] seconds.
• Customer service representatives will use a courteous and professional tone when interacting with customers.
• They will also try to resolve any issue as quickly as possible.
• If a customer service representative is unable to resolve an issue, they will escalate it to their manager.
• This policy is subject to change at any time.
• Date of Last Revision: [Date]
• Changelog: [List of changes since last revision]
Thank you for reading this Customer Service Policy. We hope that as a customer, you will find our customer service representatives to be polite, professional, and helpful. As a customer service representative, you should do your utmost to meet the standards set out in this policy. Managers are responsible for ensuring that is the case, as well as handling issues that are escalated to them by customers or customer service representatives.
The Customer Service Policy of [Company] is designed to ensure that our clients receive the best service possible. The Policy sets out the standards that all customer service representatives are expected to uphold when interacting with clients, as well as the process for escalating issues to a manager.
[Company] is a customer-centric organization and our customer service representatives are the face of our company. We want to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction with our services, so we have established this policy to ensure that is the case wherever possible and address the responsible issues if not.
To meet the aims and objectives of the customer service policy, customer service representatives need to adhere to certain practices. when working for [Company], they must at all times:
• Remain professional at all times
• Be polite and patient with customers
• Listen to customers carefully
• Take the time to understand customer inquiries
• Keep updated on product knowledge
• Follow up with customers after they have made a purchase or used the service
• Provide accurate information
• Make sure that customers are satisfied with the service provided before ending interactions with them
Handling customer inquiries
When someone reaches out to the service team, the customer service representative must:
• Acknowledge the inquiry within [X] minutes
• Respond to the inquiry within [X] hours
• Provide accurate and up-to-date information about the product or service in question
• Remain professional and courteous at all times
• Take the necessary steps to resolve any issues relating to one of our [products/services]
if an inquiry is made about a problem that cannot be resolved by the customer service representative, the customer service representative who is responsible for handling it should escalate it to a manager by:
• [sending an email to/calling] the manager on duty
• Explaining the problem and providing any relevant information
• Asking for guidance on how to proceed
If someone has a complaint about the level of customer service provided to them, they can contact us about it by:
• [sending an email to/calling] the customer service department
• Making a post on social media
• Leaving a review on [website]
The customer service team will then:
• Acknowledge the complaint within [X] hours
• Respond to the complaint within [X] days
Ending interactions with customers
When ending an interaction with a customer, the customer service representative must:
• Make sure that the customer is satisfied with the information or resolution provided
• Thank the customer for their time
• Let the customer know that they are always welcome to reach out if they have any further questions or problems
In summary, this guidebook provides an overview of the customer service policy for [Company]. It sets out our aims, how customer service representatives are expected to behave, and the process for handling customer inquiries and complaints, as well as escalating issues and finally ending interactions.
We hope that this guidebook will be helpful for all customer service representatives in providing excellent customer service to our clients. If you have any questions about the policy, please reach out to your manager. Thank you for reading.
Welcome to the [Company] Customer Service Document. It has been designed to provide you with information on our customer service policies and procedures. Please take the time to read and understand the entire document.
To provide the best possible service to our customers and clients. We aim to resolve all customer queries and requests as soon as possible and to keep our customers informed throughout the process.
We will always try to resolve any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We promise to always provide the best service possible. We also want our customer service representatives to be patient when communicating with our clients.
The following is a list of procedures that our team follows to achieve our mission and meet our commitments:
• We always aim to answer every customer inquiry within [X] hours.
• We take pride in our [product/service] and work hard to ensure that it meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• If a customer is not satisfied with their purchase, we will do everything we can to make it right.
• We value feedback from our customers and use it to continuously improve our products and services.
• We believe that happy clients are the best advertisement, so we always go the extra mile to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
When communicating with our customers, agents must:
• Be clear and concise
• Patiently listen to the customer’s issue
• Resolve the issue in an efficient and effective manner
• Take a proactive approach to resolving issues
• Use feedback to improve skills
Feedback will be received from customers by [method]. This feedback will be used to:
• Identify areas in which we excelled
• Identify areas in which we need to improve
• Improve the skills of our agents
• Help us to continuously improve our products and services
We appreciate you taking the time to read and understand our Customer Service Document, which we hope will be a helpful resource for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email address].
Creating a customer service policy from scratch may be challenging, but it’s doable with a little help. To make the process easier, we’ve put together some good practices that you can follow when writing your policy.
By following these good practices, you can be sure that your customer service policy is effective and up-to-date.
A customer service policy is a document that outlines the standards and procedures for providing excellent customer service, and having one may be a real help to your company. It’s important to make sure your policy is easy to understand and follow, covers all the important details and is kept up-to-date.
By following these good practices, you can create an effective customer service policy for your business. And if you need a little help getting started, we have shared several short and long customer service policy templates that you can use and adjust to your own needs.
Get started with our free 14-day trial and provide amazing support across every important customer communication channel.
An internal customer service policy is a set of guidelines that your team can use to provide great customer service. It helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page and provides a consistent level of service.
You should update your customer service policy on a regular basis to ensure it remains relevant and accurate. This is especially true if you make changes to your products or services. A good rule of thumb is to update your policy at least once per year.
The details you include in your policy will depend on the products or services you offer, as well as the specific needs of your team. However, some common elements are often included in customer service policies, such as their purpose and the company’s goals. You can also include contact information, product knowledge, how to use your customer service software, and more.
First, decide what goals you want your team to achieve. Next, identify the details that need to be included in the policy. Finally, put everything together in a document that is easy to understand and reference. Remember that the better your customer service policy is, the more well-prepared your team will be. As a result, they will be more likely to provide excellent service and ensure customer satisfaction.
The customer service policy team should be made up of representatives from each department that interacts with customers. This includes, but is not limited to, sales, marketing, accounting, shipping, and customer service.
They often include ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience, providing excellent customer service, and reducing the number of customer complaints.
They include customer service standards, escalation procedures, obtaining customer feedback, and the customer complaint process. Each of these components is essential to ensuring that your team provides excellent customer service.
A customer service policy should be stored in a central location, such as the company intranet or employee handbook. This will ensure that all employees have easy access to the policy and can reference it as needed. You can also post the policy in a visible location, such as the break room or kitchen, for employees to reference as needed.
There are a few ways to do this. You can start by holding regular training sessions or departmental meetings to review the policy. It would also be a good idea to create a customer service policy team that will be responsible for upholding the standards and procedures outlined in the policy. By taking these steps, you can help ensure that your company provides excellent customer service to every customer, every time.
All employees who interact with customers should have access to the customer service policy. While front-line employees may have the most direct contact with customers, it’s important that everyone who works for your company is aware of and understands the customer service policy. This ensures that everyone is on the same page and is able to provide a consistent experience to customers.
We appreciate your recent sign up for a LiveAgent.
A message will be sent to your email address containing login details, right after your account is installed.
If you wait for a while, after installation is complete you will be able to access your account directly from here.
After the process is over, we will send the login details to your mailbox.