Who is an agent?
Agents or representatives are defined as people that act on behalf of others. They are an inseparable part of every business as they take care of customers and provide a support service.
They answer calls, chats, or messages to solve customer queries about the company’s products or services. However, that is not their only responsibility. Customer support agents are responsible for ensuring an amazing customer experience each time.
For this, there are certain skills and qualities a successful customer care agent must possess:
- Patience – Dealing with customer complaints can be sometimes frustrating. Exhibiting patience and not getting worked up is a very important quality a customer service agent should have under their belt.
- Great communication skills – Misunderstandings can lead to huge issues so the ability to effectively communicate with clients is essential for successful agents.
- Resourcefulness – To provide service that sticks in a customer’s mind an agent has to be resourceful and go an extra mile when solving a problem.
- Empathy – It’s important to know how to put yourself in a customer’s shoes when dealing with their queries and complaints.
- Time management skills – Agents have to deal with many different complaints, tasks, and questions all at once. That’s why they need to manage their time efficiently.
- Goal-oriented nature – Although it is great to provide a personal touch, sticking to the business plan and working with metrics is a desired quality for an agent.
In many organizations, businesses, and even help desk software solutions there are usually many types of agents with different roles, responsibilities, and privileges.
Find out more about agents in LiveAgent.
Ready to boost your customer service support?
LiveAgent's help desk is designed to make your agents' work easier and faster.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the definition of the term agent?
The term agent describes a person whose responsibility is to act on behalf of another person, e.g. a customer. An agent is a person who solves problems and supports the client, thanks to which your brand can achieve better results.
What are the competencies of an agent in LiveAgent?
The agent supports and solves problems, and if they act as an administrator, they can supervise and configure the system. The agent should have a thorough understanding of company matters that may be of interest to the client (products, services, sales, marketing, etc.).
How to assign an agent role in LiveAgent?
To assign someone the role of an agent in LiveAgent, go to ‘Configuration’ and then select the ‘Agents’ tab. Then, click ‘Create an agent’. Fill out the agent’s info, and assign them a role: Agent - browses the tickets and responds to them, Administrator - views and responds to tickets, manages system settings, or Owner - works with tickets, manages the account, billing, and system settings. Once you have that done, the agent receives the password to their account by mail.
Agents are representatives who act on behalf of others and are key players in providing excellent customer service. They require patience, great communication skills, resourcefulness, empathy, time management skills, and a goal-oriented nature.
Paid Media funnels drive traffic, attract customers, and enhance growth. Marketing funnels consist of four stages: awareness, consideration, conversion, and engagement. Strategies include paid search, influencer marketing, social media ads, podcast ads, and video ads. Each stage requires targeted content and a focus on customer experience and relationship-building.
Customer testimonials are essential for building trust and showcasing your product or service's effectiveness. Use online forms, email newsletters, and after customer support resolutions to ask for reviews. Offering incentives can help encourage customers to provide feedback. Social media is also a great platform to engage with customers and ask for testimonials. Display testimonials on your website and social profiles to build credibility with potential customers.
Call routing improves communication and reduces hold times. LiveAgent provides customizable notifications for effective customer support. AI can benefit businesses of all sizes.
LiveAgent is a customer support software that offers features like ticketing and live chat. It emphasizes the importance of understanding key features and settings. Email notifications play a crucial role in customer support, providing updates and improving communication. In LiveAgent, agents can set up various email notifications to stay organized and informed.