Viber is a free cross-platform calling and messaging app available on Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux. Viber is comparable to other messaging apps like WhatsApp, Signal, or Telegram. Its core functionality lies in instant messaging, calling, video calling, and broadcasting messages to other users.
Why is Viber customer support important?
Modern-day customers have high expectations. They expect hassle-free support experiences and want to communicate with businesses across a multitude of platforms, including social media and text messaging apps like Viber. Why?
For many customers it’s simply easier to reach out via text in comparison to Googling the business’s contact information or searching through their site for solutions. Every customer has different expectations and needs, and as such, businesses should attempt to cater to each and every customer.
Happy customers are the best customers
We offer concierge migration services from most of the popular help desk solutions.
How can you provide prompt customer service on Viber?
Providing prompt, personalized, and knowledgeable customer service on Viber is easy with the right tools. LiveAgent is one of the only help desks out there that currently integrates with Viber.
Our integration ensures you get notified every time you receive a new Viber text message. Moreover, it automatically converts each message into a help desk ticket. Having this type of technology in your arsenal frees you from constant device monitoring, and ensures all Viber text messages are neatly organized and accessible by anyone of your support agents.
What can you do with the integration?
LiveAgent’s Viber help desk software integration will be capable of:
- Receiving Viber text messages and converting them into tickets. There’s no need to monitor your smartphones or desktop app for new messages.
- Responding to Viber text messages through the LiveAgent dashboard. As mentioned above, there’s no need to have any other devices on hand. Answer your customer’s inquiry via your LiveAgent dashboard, and they will receive the response on their Viber app. It’s that simple!
- Archiving and organizing past Viber tickets. Thanks to LiveAgent you can easily view past conversations and assign them tags instead of having to search through your phone without a clue.
What does it look like/how does it work in practice?
If you’re wondering whether your customers will be able to tell that you’re using an external tool to answer their Viber messages, the answer is no. Check out how it works in this detailed video tutorial.
How to integrate Viber with LiveAgent
1. First, you need to create an Active Bot. Go to this website and enter the phone number that’s associated with your Viber account.
2. Shortly after that, you will receive a Viber text message with a code. Enter the code into the website and log in.
3. Click on Create bot account
4. A new window will pop up. Enter all the required info and click save. Once you click save, the system will automatically generate a token.
5. Copy the token and log in to LiveAgent.
6. Navigate to Configuration
7. Click System
8. Click Plugins
9. Find Viber and enable the plugin by pressing the button (it needs to turn green)
Once you have the Viber plugin activated, go back to Configuration.
10. Click Viber accounts
11. Click Connect. A new window will pop up.
12. Paste the token into the “Token” column.
13. Select the department to which your want to route incoming Viber messages
14. Click on Connect, and that’s it! Your Viber account should be up and running!
BONUS: If you want to make it easier for your customers to get in touch with you on Viber, place the QR code from your Viber Active Bot account on your website. To learn more about how your customers can use the QR code to contact you, check out the end of this integration guide.
How can your business benefit from the integration?
- LiveAgent’s Viber integration can save you both time and money as your agents will spend less time monitoring devices
- It can help you provide faster support through advanced tools like canned messages
- It can help you provide more personalized responses thanks to our built-in CRM that’s on hand whenever you’re answering Viber messages through LiveAgent
- It can improve your customer support and satisfaction by providing real data insights. For example, If you want to know how many Viber queries have been solved at first contact in the past month, simply generate a report. With LiveAgent’s reporting feature, you can easily segment your data by performance over time, by agent, department, or channel.
- Answering Viber messages through LiveAgent is more secure. Why? Viber tickets are stored in a shared universal inbox that can be accessed by every support agent. This means that you don’t have to worry about:
- Sharing your Viber login credentials with multiple employees
- Staying logged in on public devices
- Losing devices that are logged into your Viber account
- Competitive advantage. LiveAgent is one of the few helpdesk software that offers a Viber integration.
Ready to try our integration?
Let us take care of the organization and logistics so you can focus on providing smooth and reliable support for all of your customers. Start your free 14-day trial today. No credit card required.
Learn from real data insights
Get an overview of how well you’re doing in terms of performance and customer satisfaction. Find out today with a free trial. No credit card required.
- Viber integration for our cloud-hosted accounts
- Viber Help Desk Contacts - LiveAgent
- Increase Customer Service Satisfaction with Viber
- What is an Instagram Feature? (+Free Trial)
- What is a Twitter Feature? (+Free Trial)
- LiveAgent 5.18 - Viber + More (Announcement)
- LiveAgent Call Buttons - Instant In-Browser Calls - LiveAgent
- What is a Ticketing Feature (+ Free Trial)