What are email templates?
Email templates can be defined as preformatted email structures. Users can add text, images, and videos to them, and they’re usually fully customizable.
What are email templates used for?
Email templates are typically used for sending out email newsletters or automatically generated emails, such as confirmation emails, password reset emails, and so on. They’re mainly used for marketing and sales purposes. However, they can also be informational or tech-related.
What types of email templates are there?
In terms of formatting, there are two types of email templates: HTML and plain text.
HTML email templates
HTML email templates enable users to get creative with their emails. In addition to supporting various types of layouts and media, such as images and videos, they’re also compatible with different kinds of call-to-action buttons. HTML email templates are generally used for marketing and sales purposes as they’re more flashy and aesthetic. They usually contain less text and more media.
Plain text email templates
Plain text email templates are relatively simple and limited in their appearance. They don’t support complex formatting as they’re mainly used to convey short messages (3-4 lines of text) and focus more on the content of the email rather than its aesthetics. They’re generally used when sending out email confirmations, password reset links, or order tracking links.
What types of email templates can you create in LiveAgent?
LiveAgent help desk software offers two types of email templates.
Agent email templates
Agent email templates are preconfigured email messages sent to agents when a particular type of event occurs. For example, agents can receive these automated emails when:
- A customer replies to a ticket that they’re assigned to*
- A ticket is assigned to them*
- A new ticket is created (Sent to the agent when a new ticket is created in any of their departments.)
- They request a new password (This email contains a password reset link.)
- They click on the forgot password link (The email contains a password reset link.)
- They’re added to a LiveAgent account (Sent to the agent when the account admin adds them to the system. This email contains a link to set up their password.)
*These emails are not sent when the agent is logged into the system.
Customer email templates
Customer email templates are also preconfigured email messages. They are sent to customers when a specific type of event occurs. For example, customers receive these automated emails when:
- They receive a reply from an agent regarding an existing ticket
- An agent creates a new ticket
- An agent forwards them a message
- Their tickets are resolved
- They choose the “send chat transcript” option during a live chat session
- They receive a reply to a forum message or suggestion (This email also contains an unsubscribe link.)
- They register in the knowledge base (This email contains a password setup link. It also serves as a customer email verification. Customers using fake email addresses won’t be able to set up their account password.)
- They click on the forgot password link (This email contains a password reset link.)
Are LiveAgent email templates HTML or plain text?
LiveAgent ticketing software enables users to create both HTML and plain text email templates. In addition, we offer a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor that makes it easy to stylize and format HTML email templates. The WYSIWYG editor supports images, different fonts, colors, links, attachments, and so on.
Save time with email templates
Create beautifully formatted email templates with our WYSIWYG editor. Try it today for free. No credit card required.
How do I create an email template in LiveAgent?
- Log in to LiveAgent.
- Click on Configuration (cogwheel icon).
- Select Email.
- Click on Customer templates or Agent templates.
5. Select a template that you want to edit by clicking on the Edit button (pencil icon).
6. Choose if you want your email to be in HTML or plain text format by clicking on the <> or A buttons.
7. Edit the template with the available variables on the left-hand side according to your liking.
8. Test the email template by clicking on Test. Then, scroll down, and press Send.
9. When you’re satisfied with the look and contents of your email template, press Save.
Why are email templates beneficial for businesses?
Email templates are valuable for businesses and organizations in all verticals. They help you save precious time and money and don’t require any coding skills!
Email templates are pre-formatted and automated. This means that once you create an email template, it will be automatically sent whenever the event conditions are met (for example, when a customer clicks on the forgot password button). This saves you tons of time, freeing you from manual tasks and responsibilities. For instance, you won’t have to worry about sending out follow-up emails or password reset links manually.
Don’t require coding skills
Email templates are very beginner-friendly. You don’t need to have any coding experience or design knowledge to create them. Our WYSIWYG editor makes it easy to design your email templates from scratch. By creating all your email templates in LiveAgent ticketing software, you’ll ensure all your email communications have a uniform look and feel.
When you free your agents from manual, repetitive tasks that can be easily automated, you save money. Instead, your agent’s primary concern should be increasing customer satisfaction by creating unforgettable experiences– answering queries quickly, professionally, knowledgeably, and in a personalized manner. Creating email templates can help you and your agents do just that so they can focus on what’s essential — nurturing customer relationships.
It’s a pleasure to have a great portal that improves our customer service.
LiveAgent empowers our agents to provide better, faster, and more accurate support.
LiveAgent helped us to achieve 2 important goals: increase customer satisfaction and sales.
We have been using LiveAgent since August and we are really satisfied with it.
Since we are using LiveAgent our response time improved by 60%.
Our paid customer conversion rate went up 325% the first month we've set up and actively started using LiveAgent.
I have to say, I have never experienced such a professional customer approach.
The Workplace Depot
We find LiveAgent to be the best live chat solution by far.
We use LiveAgent on all of our ecommerce websites. The tool is easy to use and improves our productivity.
With LiveAgent we’re able to give our customers support wherever they are.
I can recommend LiveAgent to anyone interested in making their customer service better and more effective.
I'm sure we would spend 90% of our day sorting through emails if we didn't have LiveAgent.
All British Casino
With LiveAgent we are able to keep our players happy by offering more efficient support resulting in higher return rates.
LiveAgent is reliable, reasonably priced, and simply a great choice for any fast-paced online business!
We like it because it is easy to use and offers great functionality, such as useful reporting features.
We love LiveAgent - it makes supporting our customers easy.
We like to offer our customers the best support experience. That’s why we chose LiveAgent.
From setup to ongoing support and everything else in between, the team at LiveAgent continues to impress.
LiveAgent saves us hundreds of precious minutes every day by making customer service clear and in order.
Unlimited agents, email, social media, and phone integration. All that for less than we were paying with our previous provider.
We’ve been using LiveAgent since 2013. We can't imagine working without it.
It's a cost-effective solution that can help you with a large amount of support requests via different channels.
Antalya Consulting Language Center
Answering emails from Outlook was so hard to manage. With LiveAgent we're sure every email is answered in time.
LiveAgent is so awesome. With very little time and effort I had it up and running smoothly in a few...
Timothy G. Keys
I highly recommend the LiveAgent product, not only as a Kayako alternative but a much better solution with added value.
The support team always responded promptly with quick to implement solutions.
It helps us categorize the nature of the tickets and statistically track what our clients need most.
We see LiveAgent as a great tool for communicating with customers.
LiveAgent sped up our communication with our customers and gave us an option to chat with them as well.
Simply put - LiveAgent beats everything out there at this, or even higher, price-points.
Knowledge base resources
Want to learn more about customizable email templates? Check out our collection of knowledge base articles or our specially curated email templates for every occasion.
- Email Templates
- Email templates set up
- How to create Email templates in LiveAgent
- Password Reset Email Templates (Copy&Paste)
- Customer Service Templates – Best practices (+Examples)
- Customer Portal Email Templates (No fees)
- Email templates
- How to define Password Requirements
Ready to create email templates?
Save time by creating beautifully formatted email templates with our WYSIWYG editor. Try making your very own email templates today with our free, all-inclusive 14-day trial. No credit card is required.