Website owners struggle to make high-quality content optimization in order to get top search engine placements. It’s a small wonder because otherwise modern businesses are not able to handle tough competition. In the 21st century, every single company must work on growing its online presence.
Today, content optimization is a topical issue for both types of businesses: brick-and-mortar and e-commerce. Every web page, uploaded photo, and video must be optimized in accordance with the search engine’s requirements and users’ preferences. Let’s see which content optimization tools and tips could help to meet the demand of both: machines and people.
What are the benefits of content optimization?
Content optimization leads to a better ranking, which means that more users will be able to find a site. Increased traffic is one of the positive outcomes, which is closely tied to the basic missions:
Brand Awareness. The world web is a perfect place to promote a new brand, company, or blog. High-quality content is indispensable if you want to attract the attention of hundreds, thousands, and even millions of potential clients.
Profit. The final goal of every commercial site owner is to get a monetary reward. Increased traffic helps online stores with hitting higher sales, and assists bloggers with getting profit from referral programs and ads.
When the aims are clear, it is time to start the optimization process. There are a few important steps, which must be completed one by one.
Step #1 – Research keywords
The first step in learning how to start a blog and creating content is mastering keyword research. In fact, every search word is a fragile link between the users, Google, and the website. So, it’s important to choose the keywords as precisely as possible in the order to attract the maximum number of visitors.
Take a look at this Whiteboard Friday episode, which touches on a few very interesting perspectives on how to better approach researching SEO keywords.
Numerous online tools can be used for fast and effective keyword research. The three following services provide the best result, especially if they are utilized all together.
Google AdWords: Keyword Planner. It is the most popular and reliable service. It is integrated in Google AdWords account, and everyone can use it for free. It provides detailed information about such indicators as average monthly searches and competition.
Ubersuggest. This tool helps to expand the keyword research beyond the borders established by Keyword Planner. It helps to carry out a deeper study at no cost.
Soovle. This is a unique tool, which provides autocomplete suggestions for entered queries. It helps to define the popular search words, which appear not only in Google but also in Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, YouTube, and even Amazon. Soolve works great for semantic core diversification.
Step #2 – Create textual content
Taking into account the SEO keywords, it is time to write descriptions for every webpage. The closest attention should be paid to the home page; because, as a rule, it attracts the biggest quantity of visitors.
James Daily, a blogger for Brainished and ProTexting notes: “The higher number of webpages with the relevant content, the better search engines ranking. For this reason, publishing blog posts is a great way to fill online resources with valuable information.
The uniqueness of the text is a priority number one because unoriginal text will never pass Copyscape. If text is taken from another site, it does not contain an informative value for users. Therefore, search engines do not put the websites with the stolen content at the top of the result page.
Only professional writer is able to create unique page descriptions and blog posts, which will be interesting for readers and be accepted by searching machines. There are few ways to find and hire talented copywriters.
- Canada-Writers. This service is useful when a website owner needs assistance from professional bloggers and ghostwriters. Creative specialists from Canada-Writers can describe any product and any topic in an engaging manner.
- PeoplePerHour. This is a freelance platform, which helps companies to hire writers for short-term projects. Numerous filters allow finding a copywriter, whose payment rate per hour completely satisfies both: skills requirements and website budget.
- TopAustraliaWriters. Company employs around 150 qualified copywriters, which have vast knowledge in various fields including business, medicine, marketing, engendering and IT. So, this service works best, when it is important to create content for very specific niche.
- Fiverr. This platform is well-known for its user-friendly interface and excellent content creation outsourcing service. It provides access to freelancers all over the world, who are capable to write texts in any language needed.
- BestWritersCanada. This is a reliable tool for getting high-quality page descriptions, product reviews and blog articles. This company accepts urgent orders and always delivers them on time.
There are many more similar writing services on the internet, and sometimes it’s pretty difficult to define the best one.
Amanda Spark, a digital marketing specialist and blogger at TopDownWriter says: “One hundred percent unique, relevant, and informative articles don’t guarantee high rankings, there are other things you need to take into account. You need to focus on writing longer, more thorough articles, around 1600 words long, in short, bite-sized paragraphs.
Other recently published research supports Amanda’s suggestion. Orbit Media suggests that the standard blog article length is 1142 words. While, interestingly, Backlinko’s research suggests that “The average first-page result on Google contains 1,890 words.”
Such extensions as Yoast and SEO Framework help copywriters measure readability automatically and also provide content creators with useful advice. However, it is possible to ensure great readability without any tools, just following basic rules.
Use subheadings. It is important to create catchy headings and subheadings, which will grab visitors’ attention. Users should quickly get a basic idea of content while scrolling the page up and down.
- Keep paragraphs and sentences short. Busy people want to get new information fast and easily, so text should have a very clear structure. Every paragraph should be 2 or 3 sentences long, and every perfect sentence should consist of 15-22 words.
- Avoid the excessive use of the passive voice. Active voice ensures higher readability, so it should be a priority. Passive voice makes sentences sound more complicated, so Google doesn’t encourage its usage.
- Use simple words. Not every visitor has a deep knowledge of a specific website niche. So, professional slang or other rarely used words should be partly substituted with well-known phrases.
- Add bullet points. Structured information is easy to read and easy to remember; thus, bullet points greatly can greatly improve text perception.
- Monitor the keyword density. Obviously, keywords are an essential part of any content, but their density should not be too high. In order to avoid spamming, it is necessary to use numerous synonymous. There is no ideal density percentage, but the writer should use the keywords “naturally”.
To make this easier for you, there are WYSIWYG editors that allow you to preview your content right as you’re creating it.
There are so many competitive sites, which users can visit, so it is crucially important to improve the text readability. Only simple and visually attractive text structure keeps potential clients stay at a website longer and continue reading.
Step #3 – Optimize every page
Search engine optimization requires the configuration of every single webpage. The great news is that WordPress plugins and other tools make the SEO process simpler and more effective. There are three important tasks, which SEO experts must carry out.
Choice of one focus keyword. Every page should be assigned only one keyword from the semantic core. Keyword spamming will depend on the density of this word/phrase usage.
Creation of the SEO title. The title tag is a big blue link, which users see in search engine results. It should start from the keyword and contain the most relevant queries connected with the topic and content. The length of the tag cannot exceed 60 characters including spaces.
Writing of the meta description. This is a short paragraph, which displays under the HTML on a search results page. The task is to create the most informative, pertinent, and catchy text in order to make users click a link.
Adding an internal link. Every page description and blog post should contain at least one relevant link to another webpage. It improves the ranking and makes users visit other pages and stay on the website longer.
The quality of search engine optimization greatly influences the website placement in Google, so it is important to keep up to date with the new trends. The Huffington Post highly recommends following the best experts in the field: co-founders of Moz, Rand Fishkin, and CEO at Keylime Toolbox, Vanessa Fox.
Step #4 – Optimize visual content
Modern marketing strongly relies on visual content. It makes interaction with your audience more powerful. Content that features images will generate 150% more engagement with the users and 45% of B2C marketers focus on visual content as the most important type. So, every photo, infographic, meme, screenshot, and video for the website must be chosen carefully. This type of content also should be optimized according to the rules, established by the search engines.
- Ensure high quality. Only high-resolution photos and videos can compete in the market. For this reason, visual content should be created with the use of a professional camera.
- Adjust the size. It’s important to check the size of every piece of content because too big and “heavy” images slow down the loading process. This is one of the reasons why visitors leave a website too quickly.
- Name the image. Every picture should have a proper name, which describes its content in detail. If a photo has a name like “85gfj8.jpg”, there are almost no chances to find it via Google image search.
- Add the alt text. When users face some problems with the visual content loading, the system displays the “alternative text”. Search engine crawlers also use such alt descriptions to index the images more effectively.
In addition, Big Commerce recommends taking pictures of the products on a white background and advises placing images at the top of the page. Also, experts consult the aligning of the width and height of each visual item to create a harmonious structure with the text.
High-quality content optimization is a complex task, which requires a lot of time and effort. So, every company should decide whether it should hire in-house specialists, or utilize outsourcing services. It always depends on the amount of content, which should be optimized, and the project budget.
Nonetheless, the quality of content optimization is the only thing, which matters. For this reason, companies should hire only content creators, who are great experts in their fields. Find a reliable SEO writer or service, and your site will be top-ranked in Google.
Engage with website visitors with confidence
Content optimization can lure potential customers to your website, but it won’t keep them there. Engage with your customers in real-time using live chat software.
Bracing AI benefits big tech and small businesses by improving targeted advertising and customer engagement. Learn how to market your business on social media to generate, nurture, and convert leads. Develop a recognizable brand and share compelling stories to connect with your audience.
Non-typical SEO strategies can boost rankings and visibility. Give away valuable products or services for free, partner
Tips for writing promotional emails: keep subject lines simple and include the product or service name, design a captivating email template, include a call-to-action, personalize the email, test different subject lines and CTAs. Don't forget to include a personalized welcome message, promotional offer, product image, date and time of sale, and an engaging subject line in your email template. Examples of promotional email templates are included in the text.
The Internal Links plugin from Quality Unit is a tool designed to improve SEO efforts by automating the process of adding internal links to articles. Its features include automatic linking, diversification of anchor texts, blacklisting of specific URLs, bulk import of target keywords, enabled taxonomies, and more. Users can also set custom link targets and a specific number of links per paragraph or article. The plugin is designed to save time and increase efficiency when it comes to internal linking for WordPress sites.