Website owners struggle to make high-quality content optimization in order to get top search engine placements. It’s a small wonder because otherwise modern businesses are not able to handle tough competition. In the 21st century, every single company must work on growing its online presence.
Today, content optimization is a topical issue for both types of businesses: brick and mortar and e-commerce. Every web page, every uploaded photo, and video must be optimized in accordance with the searching engines requirements and users’ preferences. Let’s see which content optimization tools and tips could help to meet the demand of both: machines and people.
What are the benefits of content optimization?
Content optimization leads to a better ranking, which means that more users will be able to find a site. Increased traffic is one of the positive outcomes, which is closely tied to the basic missions:
Brand Awareness. The world web is a perfect place to promote a new brand, company, or blog. High-quality content is indispensable if you want to attract the attention of hundreds, thousands, and even millions of potential clients.
Profit. The final goal of every commercial site owner is to get a monetary reward. Increased traffic helps online stores with hitting higher sales, and assists bloggers with getting profit from referral programs and ads.
When the aims are clear, it is time to start the optimization process. There are a few important steps, which must be completed one by one.
Step #1 – Research keywords
The first step in learning how to start a blog and creating content is mastering keyword research. In fact, every search word is a fragile link between the users, Google and website. So, it’s important to choose the keywords as precise as possible in the order to attract maximum number of visitors.
Take a look at this Whiteboard Friday episode, which touches on a few very interesting perspectives on how to better approach researching SEO keywords.
Numerous online tools can be used for the fast and effective keywords research. Three following services provide the best result, especially if they are utilized all together.
Google AdWords: Keyword Planner. It is the most popular and reliable service. It is integrated in Google AdWords account, and everyone can use it for free. It provides detailed information about such indicators as average monthly searches and competition.
Ubersuggest. This tool helps to expand the keywords research beyond the borders established by Keyword Planner. It helps to carry out a deeper study with no cost.
Soovle. This is a unique tool, which provides autocomplete suggestion for entered queries. It helps to define the popular searching words, which appear not only in Google, but also in Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, YouTube and even Amazon. Soolve works great for semantic core diversification.
Step #2 – Create textual content
Taking into account the SEO keywords, it is time to write descriptions for every webpage. The closest attention should be paid to the home page; because, as a rule, it attracts the biggest quantity of visitors.
James Daily, a blogger for Brainished and ProTexting notes: “The higher number of webpages with the relevant content, the better search engines ranking. For this reason, publishing of the blog posts is a great way to fill online resource with the valuable information.
Uniqueness of the text is a priority number one, because unoriginal text will never pass Copyscape. If text is taken from another site, it does not contain great informative value for users. Therefore, search engines do not put the websites with the stolen content in the top of result page.
Only professional writer is able to create unique page descriptions and blog posts, which will be interesting for readers and be accepted by searching machines. There are few ways to find and hire talented copywriters.
- Canada-Writers. This service is useful, when website owner needs assistance from the professional bloggers and ghost writers. Creative specialists from Canada-Writers can describe any product and any topic in an engaging manner.
- PeoplePerHour. This is a freelance platform, which helps companies to hire writers for short-term projects. Numerous filters allow finding a copywriter, whose payment rate per hour completely satisfies both: skills requirements and website budget.
- TopAustraliaWriters. Company employs around 150 qualified copywriters, which have vast knowledge in various fields including business, medicine, marketing, engendering and IT. So, this service works the best, when it is important to create content for very specific niche.
- Fiverr. This platform is well-known for its user-friendly interface and excellent content creation outsourcing service. It provides access to freelancers all over the world, who are capable to write texts in any language needed.
- BestWritersCanada. This is a reliable tool for getting high-quality page descriptions, product reviews and blog articles. This company accepts urgent orders and always delivers them on time.
There are much more similar writing services in the internet, and sometimes it’s pretty difficult to define the best one.
Amanda Spark, a digital marketing specialist and blogger at TopDownWriter says: “One hundred percent unique, relevant and informative articles don’t guarantee high rankings, there are other things there are other things you need to take into account. You need to focus on writing longer, more thorough articles, around 1600 words long, in short, bitesized paragraphs.
Other recently published research supports Amanda’s suggestion. Orbit Media suggests that the standard blog article length is 1142 words. While, interestingly, Backlinko’s research suggests that “The average first-page result on Google contains 1,890 words.”
Such extensions as Yoast and SEO Framework help copywriter to measure readability automatically and also provide content creators with useful advices. However, it is possible to ensure a great readability without any tools, just following basic rules.
Use subheadings. It is important to create the catchy headings and subheadings, which will grab visitors’ attention. Users should quickly get a basic idea of content while scrolling page up and down.
- Keep paragraphs and sentences short. Busy people want to get new information fast and easily, so text should have a very clear structure. Every paragraph should be 2 or 3 sentences long, and every perfect sentence should consist of 15-22 words.
- Avoid an excessive use of the passive voice. Active voice ensures higher readability, so it should be a priority. Passive voice makes sentences sound more complicated, so Google doesn’t encourage its usage.
- Use simple words. Not every visitor has a deep knowledge in a specific website niche. So, professional slang or other rarely used words should be partly substituted with the well-known phrases.
- Add bullet points. Structured information is easy to read and easy to remember; thus, bullet points greatly can greatly improve the text perception.
- Monitor the keywords density. Obviously, keywords are essential part of any content, but their density should not be too high. In order to avoid spamming, it is necessary to use numerous synonymous. There is no ideal density percentage, but writer should use keywords “naturally”.
There are so many competitive sites, which users can visit, so it is crucially important to improve the text readability. Only simple and visually attractive text structure keeps potential clients stay at website longer and continue reading.
Step #3 – Optimize every page
Search engine optimization requires a configuration of every single webpage. The great news is that WordPress plugins and other tools make SEO process simpler and more effective. There are three important tasks, which SEO expert must carry out.
Choice of one focus keyword. Every page should be assigned only with one keyword from the semantic core. Keyword spamming will depend on the density of this word/phrase usage.
Creation of the SEO title. The title tag is a big blue link, which users see in search engine results. It should start from the keyword and contain the most relevant queries connected with the topic and content. Length of the tag cannot exceed 60 characters including spaces.
Writing of the meta description. This is a short paragraph, which displays under the HTML on a search results page. The task is to create the most informative, pertinent and catchy text in order to make user click a link.
Adding of internal link. Every page description and every blog post should contain at least one relevant link to another webpage. It improves the ranking and makes users visit other pages and stay at the website longer.
Quality of search engine optimization greatly influences the website placement in Google, so it is important to keep up to date with the new trends. The Huffington Post highly recommends following the best experts in the field: co-founders of Moz, Rand Fishkin, and CEO at Keylime Toolbox, Vanessa Fox.
Step #4 – Optimize visual content
Modern marketing strongly relies on the visual content. It makes interaction with your audience more powerful. Content that features images will generate 150% more engagement with the users and 45% of B2C marketers focus on visual content as the most important type. So, every photo, infographic, meme, screenshot and video for the website must be chosen carefully. This type of content also should be optimized according to the rules, established by the search engines.
- Ensure high quality. Only high resolution photos and videos can compete in the market. For this reason, visual content should be created with the use of professional camera.
- Adjust the size. It’s important to check the size of every piece of content, because too big and “heavy” images slow down the loading process. This is one of the reasons why visitors leave a website too quickly.
- Name the image. Every picture should have a proper name, which describes its content in details. If photo has name like “85gfj8.jpg”, there is almost no chances to find it via Google image search.
- Add the alt text. When users face some problems with the visual content loading, system displays the “alternative text”. Search engine crawlers also use such alt description to index the images more effectively.
In addition, Big Commerce recommends taking pictures of the products on the white background, and advices to place images in the top of the page. Also experts consult the aligning the width and height of each visual item to create a harmonious structure with the text.
High-quality content optimization is a complex task, which requires a lot of time and efforts. So, every company should decide whether it should hire in-house specialist, or utilize outsourcing services. It always depends on the amount of content, which should be optimized, and the project budget.
Nonetheless, the quality of content optimization is the only thing, which matters. For this reason, company should hire only those content creators, who are great experts in their fields. Find a reliable SEO writer or service, and your site will be top-ranked in Google.
Engage with website visitors with confidence
Content optimization can lure potential customers to your website, but it won’t keep them there. Engage with your customers in real-time using live chat software.
- What Is Content Planning: A Complete Guide | LiveAgent
- 6 Handy Tips To Help You Manage An Online Store (Updated)
- How CX Helps To Grow Content Marketing Agency (Updated)
- How to Use Customer Support to Drive Content Marketing Ideas
- The best issue tracking software
- Best Chat Widget Software for Website (Comparison)
- New Integration: uKit (Announcement)
- Improve Customer Satisfaction by Using Video (Checklist)