Viber is a free cross-platform calling and messaging app available on Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux that offers instant messaging, calling, video calling, and broadcasting messages.
Why is Viber customer support important?
Modern-day support interactions come with high customer expectations. Seamless support experiences and the possibility to communicate with businesses across multiple platforms, including social media and text messaging apps like Viber, is an absolute necessity.
For many customers, it’s simply easier to reach out via text in comparison to Googling the business’ contact information or accessing their website in hopes of finding a live chat button or a contact form. With customer expectations and needs growing, businesses need to be ready to accommodate them each time.
How does it work?
Providing prompt, personalized, and knowledgeable customer service on Viber is easy with the right help desk tools, such as LiveAgent.
Integrating Viber into our help desk ticketing solution ensures you get notified every time you receive a new Viber message. Each message is automatically converted into a ticket that will appear in LiveAgent’s Universal inbox.
Having such convenient, yet powerful technology in your arsenal frees you from constant device monitoring, and ensures all messages are neatly organized and accessible by all your customer support agents.
What can you do with the Viber integration?
LiveAgent’s new Viber integration opens the door to many possibilities. Let’s look at some of its capabilities:
- You can receive Viber text messages and automatically convert them into tickets without needing to constantly monitor your smartphone or desktop app.
- You are able to respond to Viber messages through the LiveAgent dashboard. All the customer inquiries will be available in your LiveAgent dashboard, and they will receive the response on their Viber app. It’s that simple!
- This integration allows you to archive and organize all the previous Viber tickets. Thanks to LiveAgent, you can easily access past conversations and assign tags instead of having to search through your phone.
What does it look like/how does it work in practice?
If you’re wondering whether your customers will be able to tell that you’re using an external tool to answer their Viber messages, the answer is no. Check out how it works in this detailed video tutorial.
How to integrate Viber with LiveAgent
Integrating Viber into LiveAgent is a simple way to let your customers reach you via Viber. The only thing you need is to set up a Viber account on your phone and then create a Viber Bot account. We are going to show you how to do that step by step.
Note: It’s required to create a Viber Bot account because regular Viber accounts with linked phone numbers cannot be integrated. Your regular Viber account through which you create the Bot account will be set as the administrator of your Bot account.
Viber Bot account creation process:
- Go to Viber’s partners panel and enter the phone number that’s associated with your Viber account for which you want to create a Bot account → and Log in.
- After logging in, navigate to the menu → click on “Create Bot Account” → enter all mandatory details → and click on the “Create” button to save your Bot account.
- A pop-up window with your Bot account’s token will be displayed → copy this token (it will be used later in LiveAgent to configure the integration).
Integrating Viber Bot account with LiveAgent:
- Open your LiveAgent panel → go to Configuration → Viber → Viber accounts → and click on the “Connect” button.
- In the Connect Viber account window insert the token of your Viber Bot account into the “Token” field → select the department to which your Viber messages should be fetched → click “Connect“.
- And that’s it! Your Viber account is now connected.
Note: In order to allow your customers to contact you via Viber, you can place the QR code of your Viber Active Bot account on your website. Or, if you don’t want to use the QR code, you can also place a button on your website where customers can click to send a message to your Viber Bot from their Viber app. To do so, you need to create a link to viber://pa?chatURI=[public account URI], where you’d replace the [public account URI] with the URI of your Viber Bot account (e.g. viber://pa?chatURI=mycompany). You can find more info about this approach here.
Why is this integration so valuable?
- With Viber integration, your agents will spend less time monitoring devices, allowing them to focus more on providing excellent customer service.
- You will be able to provide faster customer support thanks to advanced tools like canned messages.
- You can use LiveAgent’s CRM when answering Viber messages. By having CRM data readily available in the right ticket panel, you can provide more personalized responses and deliver exceptional service to your customers.
- The integration can improve your customer support and satisfaction by providing real-time data insights. For example, if you want to know how many Viber queries have been solved at first contact in the past month, simply generate a report. With LiveAgent’s reporting feature, you can easily segment your data by performance over time, by agent, department, or channel.
- Answering Viber messages through LiveAgent is more secure because all your Viber tickets are stored in a shared Universal inbox that can be accessed by every support agent. This means that you don’t have to worry about:
- Sharing your Viber login credentials with multiple employees
- Staying logged in on public devices
- Losing devices that are logged into your Viber account
- Gaining competitive advantage. LiveAgent is one of the few helpdesk software that offers Viber integration.
Ready to try our integration?
Let us take care of the logistics so you can focus on providing smooth and reliable support for all of your customers. Start your free 30-day trial today. No credit card is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Viber?
Viber is a free messaging and calling app with over 1 billion users globally. It is a popular platform for communication, both for personal and business purposes, offering features such as voice and video calls, messaging, and file sharing.
How can you provide prompt customer service on Viber?
Thanks to the integration, you can centralize all your Viber messages and inquiries in the LiveAgent dashboard, allowing agents to quickly and efficiently respond to customer inquiries without switching platforms. Additionally, features such as real-time notifications and automation tools ensure that agents can promptly address and prioritize messages, leading to improved response times and enhanced customer satisfaction.
How can the Viber integration benefit my business?
It allows you to expand your customer reach and engage with a wider audience on a popular messaging platform. The integration also streamlines your customer support process by centralizing messages and inquiries in one dashboard, enabling efficient management and prompt responses, ultimately enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
LiveAgent affiliate program offers real time reports of your sales, traffic, account balance and overall performance. Join our affiliate program today.
Chat with your teammates whenever you want without leaving your help desk. Slack integration for LiveAgent brings you messages so you won't miss it.
Telsome is a telephony provider for enterprises that are focusing on quality and improvement. Learn about Telsome integration in LiveAgent.
Integrate Slack with LiveAgent for automatic notifications on new and changed ticket statuses. Improve team collaboration and customer support. Access customer support team and self-service support.