Learn how to handle angry customers with these 7 essential tips. Remain calm, listen to their emotions, use their name, and apologize for any inconvenience. Honesty, patience, and thanking the customer are also key in building positive relationships. Turn negative experiences into positive ones and improve customer satisfaction today.
In this video, John Gordon presents 7 tips for handling angry customers. He emphasizes the importance of remaining calm and listening to the customer's emotions. Using the customer's name and apologizing are additional strategies for diffusing tension. Honesty, patience, and thanking the customer are also key in building a positive relationship. By employing these techniques, businesses can improve customer satisfaction and maintain loyal customers.
scholar guys my name is John Gordon um
with live edge and today I'm going to
show you seven tips on how to handle
angry customers so let's get started
first of all we all know angry customers
are a way of life there's no way to
avoid it so I'm going to go over some
steps on how to best handle the
tip number one always remain calm now
there's no point in getting heated with
the customer best plan of action is to
always keep your cool and maintain a
tip number two listen to their emotions
resolving that issue is actually not
nearly as important as just making sure
the customer is happy at the end of the
day you know they want to feel like
you're listening to them and really
trying to help them
so going above and beyond and and making
sure that you're asking the right
questions to show that you're paying
attention is actually more important to
the customer in the long run
tip number three always use the college
name when possible using the person's
name is it's very sincere in a powerful
psychological trick you can use one
moment mark let me help you with that
thank you for calling us mark we're
going to take care of you today just
saying a name it's simple and it goes a
tip number four apologize always let the
customer know that you're truly sorry
that this problem is happening to for
example very stylee's without me to you
sir but we're going to get this taken
care of right away
tip number five always be honest you're
always honest with the customer you're
going to gain a lot of respect for him
you know people always know and you're
not honest and if you've ever caught in
lie the customer is going to lose all
trust in your company
tip number six be patient with the
customer always let the customer finish
never interrupt them and always give
them enough time to explain their
and for the last tip tip number seven
always thank the customer and thank them
for contacting you them for their
business perhaps you even offer them a
discount or a refund joke around with
the customer make them feel friendly
because at the end of the day having the
customer as a friend is the most
important goal of every business
so remember employing these techniques
will not only help you keep the customer
but will also improve customer
satisfaction I'm John Gordon with live
aging and thanks for watching
Knowing how to deal with angry customers is crucial. Unhappy customers can lead to negative reviews, a decline in sales, and a damaged reputation. By understanding the importance of handling these situations with empathy and tact, businesses can turn a negative experience into a positive one. Tips for dealing with angry customers include remaining calm, listening to and acknowledging their emotions, using their name, apologizing for any inconvenience, being honest, patient, and thanking them for bringing the issue to the business’s attention.
Dealing with angry customers requires a set of skills. The video talks about the following tips on handling angry customers:
1. Remain calm and composed: It’s important to stay calm and not take the customer’s anger personally. A defensive response can escalate the situation, and that’s the last thing you would want.
2. Listen to their emotions: Listening carefully to their complaints and acknowledging their feelings is an essential step. Allow the customer to express their emotions without interruption and try to understand their perspective.
3. Use their name: Addressing the customer by their name shows that you value them as an individual rather than just another customer.
4. Apologize: Apologizing for inconvenience caused is an integral part of dealing with angry customers. Acknowledge the mistake and take ownership of the issue.
5. Be honest: Be honest with your customers. If you don’t know the answer to their question, admit it, and if there is a mistake on the business’s part, accept it.
6. Be patient: Dealing with angry customers takes time and patience. It’s important to avoid rushing the conversation and giving the customer time to express their concerns fully.
7. Thank the customer: Thanking the customer for sharing their concern shows that you respect their feelings and opinions.
Improve customer service by having a strategy, tracking key performance indicators, gathering feedback, and prioritizing customer relationships.
The video provides guidelines for effective online communication in customer service, including greetings, handling different situations, and delivering on promises.
Trust your customers and don't question their integrity. A manager's refusal to address a customer's complaint can damage trust. Be customer-focused.
Learn how to create a successful inbound marketing strategy with these steps. LiveAgent offers a demo with pricing, features, and integrations.
We appreciate your recent sign up for a LiveAgent.
A message will be sent to your email address containing login details, right after your account is installed.
We’re available on multiple dates