To activate your LDAP plugin, please follow the instructions below:
- First, you need to activate the LDAP extension inside LiveAgent. Go to Configuration->System->Plugins and activate the plugin named “LDAP.”
- LiveAgent will restart, and you will see a new options menu->Configuration->LDAP. The configuration window will look like this:
- Next, you need to fill in all the fields (except ‘LDAP server port’ which is optional):
- LDAP server URL: this is your LDAP service URL.
- LDAP server port: optional, determine LDAP service custom port
- Base DN: your base directory. Example: dc=example,dc=com
- User ID field: name of the field that uniquely identifies every user in LDAP structure. Usually, this can be cn or uid.
- User email field: this is the name of the field which contains email for the user in LDAP structure. Example: mail
Note: The mail field must contain valid email, otherwise users cannot be imported into LiveAgent as agents. If the user has more than one email, only the first email is used as an identifier in LiveAgent.
- Now save your settings. New options will appear just under the save button.
What is LDAP?
LDAP stands for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. It is an application protocol used over an IP network to manage and access the distributed directory information service. The primary purpose of a directory service is to provide a systematic set of records, usually organized in a hierarchical structure.
How can you use it?
- Import agents from LDAP directory structure
- Login agents using authentication against LDAP service (using agent email and password from LDAP)
- If LDAP service is not available, LiveAgent will use its own default auth method.
Note: Only agents with filled email fields can be imported into LiveAgent.
Frequently asked questions
What is LDAP?
LDAP is an abbreviation for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, which can be utilized to store information about users, apps, and more.
How can you integrate LDAP with LiveAgent?
Activate the LDAP Plugin in LiveAgent (Configurations > System > Plugin > LDAP) Fill in the credentials and USE.
The video showcases a conversation between John Gordon and Haider about LiveAgent. Haider asks about chatting without video, and John explains that it is possible. They test the feature, and Haider expresses satisfaction with it. The video ends with information about LiveAgent's features and pricing. Contact options are also provided, including a contact form and live chat.
LiveAgent Help is a software that simplifies workflow and customer satisfaction by consolidating messages from different platforms into a single inbox. It offers a native live chat and virtual call center with advanced features like attended call transfers, ACD, and unlimited call recordings. LiveAgent Help is trusted by thousands of companies, including NASCAR, USC, Forbes, and Slido. The software features automated ticket routing and a knowledge base for the travel industry. LiveAgent also offers personalized demo calls to help businesses achieve their goals through customer support.