What are outbound sales?
It is a part of the sales cycle where companies pitch their products or services to their prospective customers. This can be done by cold calling, cold email outreach, or social selling. Usually, prospects are contacted by sales representatives.
The primary goal of outbound sales is to generate new leads for your business.
The main difference between outbound and inbound sales is the way the company attracts potential customers. As we’ve already explained, outbound sales include sales reps contacting prospects. Inbound sales rely on content marketing, social media marketing, and SEO. In other words, inbound sales depend on the prospect being already familiar with your brand – inbound leads.
If you want to maximize your lead generation, you can combine both approaches. You can first use inbound strategies like content marketing and then follow up by implementing outbound sales techniques like social media outreach.
Outbound sales process steps
- identify potential leads – Perform market research and create an ideal buyer profile.
- lead generation – You can do this using outbound sales software, outsourcing a third-party company to generate leads for you, purchasing a database, or generating leads manually
- lead qualification – Decide which of the leads are a good fit for your products or services.
- sales call – This is the time when your sales representatives show off your products and services.
- closing the deal – You should have a closed deal and a new paying customer.
- follow-up – This is a very valuable step when it comes to building strong relationships with your customers.
How to increase outbound sales in a contact center?
Let’s dive into some strategies that can help you increase your sales and your revenue using outbound sales tactics.
Specify the criteria for potential buyers
Be as specific as you can while creating the ideal customer profile. Clearly define your target market and map out their customer journeys.
Specify your goals
When it comes to contact centers, KPIs are your best friends. Make sure you are clear on the goals you want to achieve within your budget.
Create an outreach plan
Define a workflow your sales reps should follow when reaching out to new prospects.
Engage the prospect
The more you know about your leads, the better for your business. With greater insights, you can develop highly targeted campaigns that will help turn prospects into customers.
Don’t underestimate the importance of analyzing reports and measuring contact center metrics.
Support your customers proactively by reaching out to them
LiveAgent can help you improve the efficiency and productivity of your customer support teams, and boost customer satisfaction.
Frequently asked questions
What does the outbound sales process mean?
Outbound sales is a process where companies - usually sales reps - contact prospects to deliver their sales pitches. It relies on strategies like cold calling, cold emails, etc. Outbound sales can be used by both B2B and B2C businesses.
Why are outbound sales important?
They have a great potential to generate leads that are suitable for your products and services. This way, they can have an amazing ROI that boosts the revenue of your business.
How hard are outbound sales?
The complexity of your outbound sales campaign highly depends on your company and other sales and marketing efforts.
What are the main outbound sales activities?
The main stages of outbound sales are lead identification, generation, lead qualification, sales pitch, closing deals, and after-sales follow-up communication.
What are the most important outbound sales metrics?
The most important ones can be split into two main categories: funnel metrics and engagement metrics. Which exact components of these metrics you decide to measure depends mainly on your business processes and marketing and sales efforts.
How do you create an outbound sales team?
Any sales team that you train for outbound sales processes can be considered an outbound sales team. However, to ensure that they deliver the best results, you should develop a workflow that defines the stages of the outbound sales process and what your reps need to cover at each step.
- Outbound Calls (Meaning Explained)
- What is a sales playbook and how to create one - LiveAgent
- What is an Outbound Call Center? (+Benefits)
- Best Outbound Call Center Software For 2022
- Inbound vs Outbound Call Center Support (+Video)
- The Best Acquisition Channels To Fuel B2B Business (Updated)
- Sales Call Checklist – Warm Up Your Cold Calls and Close Deals
- 10 Time Management Tips for Sales Teams [Checklist]