Whether you are a business owner, sales or marketing person, or you work in customer service, there is never too much you can learn. You probably already know how important it is for you to truly know your customer base, but you might be unsure of which tools can help.
What are customer insights?
When a company studies and interprets customer behavior to gain a deeper understanding of its audience’s needs, we talk about customer insights. They are used by organizations to make informed decisions based on customer behavior.
Gathering insights and understanding customer intent can help you solve many issues that on the surface may look unsolvable and create personalized customer experiences.
How to gather customer insights
There are many ways to collect reviews from your customers. Remember, it all depends on your audience, their needs, and preferences. Not all customer will engage with the same methods, while many may engage with a survey, others may prefer a service evaluation form. Some good ways to obtain insights from customers include:
- Online reviews
- Website data
- Customer surveys
- Visitors tracking tools
- Testimonials (customer stories)
- Customer buying history
- Social media
- Analytics tools
- Case studies
Don’t forget that gathering customer insights is not the end of the road. You need to have a dedicated analyst team with proper analytical tools who will study and work with them, as well as a database – e.g. Customer relationship management (CRM) tool, where you can store them. Never underestimate security and keep customer information safe at all times.
Benefits of customer insights
You will find that working with actionable insights can bring huge success to your company. Let’s look at ways they can help you achieve your business goals.
- Identify reasons behind customer churn – they allow you to see from the customer’s point of view the issues they face.
- Maximize customer lifetime values – when you understand your target customers’ behaviors, you can improve their customer journeys, maximize value, and generate more revenue.
- Aids in customer segmentation – you can create accurate customer profiles, group them, and deliver personalized experiences.
- Improve customer experience – in a customer-centric company, consumer insights are the key to customer satisfaction.
- Builds customer loyalty – when you deliver amazing customer service and experiences, your clients will want to stick around and become members of your loyal customer base. Having a loyal clientele is essential to business growth.
- Help develop effective marketing strategies – when you understand the customer behavior of your target audience, you can develop highly-targeted effective marketing strategies.
- Help deliver better customer service – your customer support team can deliver personalized service to each customer when they have valuable data.
- Predict customer trends – identifying customer purchasing patterns and predicting future trends are much easier when you can base them on reliable data.
Find out what your customers prefer
Gather customer insights and find out the best approach for communication with your customers. Start your free LiveAgent trial and improve your customer communication today.
Frequently asked questions
What does the term customer insights mean?
It means a thorough understanding of your target customers, their behavior, preferences, needs, and expectations. You can get it by analyzing customer data to bring about a better understanding of your clients and create outstanding experiences throughout the whole customer journey. These insights let you gain deep customer empathy and deliver an outstanding customer service experience.
How to collect customer insights?
First of all, you should collect and analyze customer feedback on products, services, and campaigns. It is also extremely important to examine not only the opinions but also the customer sentiment and the mood they are in. But collecting insights doesn't have to be limited to your customers only. You can also research your potential customers who can give you additional information on why they haven't chosen your product yet.
Are customer insights important?
They are the bread and butter of every customer-centric business. Consumer insights significantly impact the performance, customer retention, and effectiveness of your company. Make sure you collect high-quality data so you can study and use them to your advantage.
- Grow Your Business Using Customer Insights (Guide)
- Customer Information (Explained)
- Introduction To Customer Interaction (Explained)
- Knowledge base: Answering challenging questions - LiveAgent
- Customer-Centric (Explained)
- Know Your Customer Checklist | LiveAgent
- What is Customer Value and How do You Create It? (+Benefits)
- Customer Service Evaluation Checklist – Let Your Customers Speak Up