One of the worst things we can meet when providing customer support is an angry and dissatisfied client. Not only he probably ceases to cooperate with you, but also may say poor references to his surroundings. And as is our custom, people are more likely to complain than praise a company.
But what things upset customers the most and what mistakes should you avoid? Find out!
1. Need of speaking with several employees and over again explaining their problem from the beginning
2. Long waiting time in the phone or chat queue
3. The issue doesn’t get resolved on the first contact
4. Inappropriate behaviour of customer support representatives
5. Difficult website navigation
If you feel that something is not working as well as you’d like, be sure it‘s not enough to invest in advertising and price cuts. It is essential to avoid mistakes that could cause client dissatisfaction. You still have a chance to attract customers who have negative experience with you back. Even in this situation is customer support necessary.
1. Establish a relationship with a client – everyone is special and needs different approach.
2. Say you’re sorry for the arised problem.
3. Communication – always respond to the action of a client, also do respond to the negative reactions and give thanks for warning of malfunction.
4. Availability – for phone support always ensure the presence of the person on the phone, in case of online chat, keep it online and make sure customer do not have to wait in a queue.
5. Do not promise anything you can not guarantee and solve.
6. Listen carefully to the client, try to understand his point of view on the matter.
7. Do not blame co-workers or the company for the customer’s problems.
8. Repeatedly train staff on customer support and always adapt to innovation and new customer requirements.
9. Do not insinuate that the customer caused the problem.
10. Offer solutions.
11. Follow up after issues are resolved – this gives you the opportunity to not only ensure that the previous issue was completely resolved but to forward resolution of any other potential issues.
12. Make an extra step, provide something extra, even if it should be “just” effort.
Remember, great customer support is nothing complicated, you just need to devote sufficient time and attention.
Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
– Damon Richards
Be the first to receive exclusive offers and the latest news on our products and services directly in your inbox.
We appreciate your recent sign up for a LiveAgent.
A message will be sent to your email address containing login details, right after your account is installed.
If you wait for a while, after installation is complete you will be able to access your account directly from here.
After the process is over, we will send the login details to your mailbox.